The Brisbane History Group has a consistent record in bringing to publication diligently researched historical material relevant to the Brisbane region. This provides the dedicated amateur and professional historian with an opportunity to publish their research findings and make these available to the wider community. A diverse range of topics has been covered over the years, broadly grouped by BHG as follows:
- Series 1 – Historical Papers, the volumes in this series consist largely of presentations made at BHG seminars and other events
- Series 2 – Heritage Tours, these tour guides/maps were initially conducted as walk/drive tours by the BHG
- Series 3 – Historical Sources, include indexes, reprints and extracts from original publications
- Series 4 – Historical Facsimiles, copies of selected documents
- Series 5 – Historical Studies, publication of original research by individuals
Early volumes in the first three Series were A4 size with offset printed text and illustrations, bound in soft covers. More recent publications are in a customised format, indexed and liberally illustrated.
Clicking the links above will take you to a listing by title and author/editor of the individual books within the series.
Unless Out of Print, publications may be purchased at BHG functions or ordered separately by completing the combined Price List/Order Form and returning it with payment to BHG (refer Contact Us for details). Books may be collected or posted to your address, check posting and packing rates on the Order Form. All publications may be inspected at the John Oxley Library (State Library of Queensland) and the National Library of Australia. A number of our publications may also be found at The University of Queensland Libraries. Members may access copies of all our publications at the BHG Brisbane History Research Library (currently in store).
If you are considering submitting material for publication in Series 1 Historical Papers, we suggest you refer to our Stylesheet for contributors which provides a guideline to facilitate the review process.